Key competencies and duties include:
Strategy and Sales
- Manage the group and transient pricing strategy for the hotel.
- Working with the Hub team on group business strategies to ensure the right business is taken at the right time.
- Update the group pricing tool.
- Respond to group pricing queries in a timely manner.
- Review groups to ensure that they are in line with the strategy.
- Complete daily yielding activity to maintain the right rate at the right time, updating the IDeaS revenue management system accordingly. Ensure rate yielding decisions are accurate.
- Complete weekly, monthly &annual forecasting and the budgeting process.
- Hotel forecasting by market segment with commentary to be within 5% accuracy.
- Hotel forecast to be loaded into IDeaS monthly and validated.
- Meeting and Events forecasting with commentary.
- Spa forecasting with commentary.
- Provide daily pick-up & Pace analysis for the Hotel, Spa and Meeting & Events and amend the strategy where necessary.
- Complete phasing of the rooms budget by market segment.
- Account manage the OTAs and attend monthly call/meeting.
- Attend monthly call/meeting with the GDS provider.
- Attend monthly call/meeting with the website provider.
- Attend and present at weekly and monthly commercial team meetings.
- Weekly benchmark reporting with commentary.
- Complete a detailed month end pack for the Hotel, Meeting & Events and the Spa that is suitable for all levels.
- Highlighting all discrepancies to the Commercial Manager.
- Any other requests made by management.
Process and quality
- Ensure rate parity is maintained across all channels and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Working with the Hub and Sales teams to feedback on bookings.
- Work with the Hub manager to ensure that all relevant systems are configured effectivity and configuring systems where necessary i.e. new rate codes.
- Create rate plans as and when required on all platforms.
- Carry out maintenance on rate codes.
- Support with implementation of new systems in to the business.
- System owner of the IDeaS revenue management system. Ensure the system is updated and maintained correctly.
- Ensure OXI and Utility interfaces are working as expected in Opera.
- Attend monthly call with IDeaS.
Personal Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years revenue management experience with experience of the NEC.
- Knowledge of the opera property management system, IDeaS revenue management system and Opera Sales & Catering is essential.
- Strong business acumen and commercial focus
- Exceptional analytical and numerical skills with an eye for detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload accordingly, work under own initiative and work under pressure.
- Able to form working relationships internally and externally.
- Highly motivated
In return we offer an advantageous benefits package including 28 days holiday, free onsite car parking and a discounted on-site gym!
Please note that any personal data shared with us during the Genting application process will be treated confidentially and processed in line with our recruitment privacy notice which is available at gentingcareers.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Please be aware of Fraudulent Job Offers