THE WORLD BAR, located at Resorts World, is currently looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Commis Chef to join their team of chefs on a full-time basis. If you thrive in a fast paced environment and have the drive to excel in this field – then we would like to hear from you!
This role would be a 40 hour per week contract which would involve working a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- To assist in cooking and finishing specified dishes to company standard
- To prepare specified dishes under the direction of the Sous Chef or Head Chef
- To work cleanly, safely and hygienically at all times
- To check food products received and to store according to company procedure
- To comply with stock rotation procedures including strict adherence to date stamping control
- To be responsible for correct portion control, minimising wastage as appropriate
- To keep up to date own knowledge of food products, their trends and cooking methods
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested from time to time
- To comply with all Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations and Company Health and Safety policies including COSHH and food handling procedures
- To be able to work in a pressured environment
- To work well in a team with good communication skills
- To be creative but also need to be able to follow recipes
What are we looking for?
- Motivated and driven individual
- Passionate about preparing and presenting food
- Able to work under pressure
- Junior Chefs with either 1-2 years of experience in a fully functioning kitchen or recent Catering College leaver
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Genuine career progression
- 40 hours per week
- Free parking
- Uniform provided
- Flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle
- 50% discounts across Genting food and beverage
- NEC Campus discount card; Resorts World, Genting Arena, NEC, Crowne Plaza, Hilton Metropole
- Access to various high street discounts via online discount portal
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to showcase their passion and to learn and develop in a kitchen environment. Interested? Please do not hesitate to apply.
All applicants must have the rights to work and live within the UK.
Please be aware of Fraudulent Job Offers